- Wardrobe and beauty products - body and appearances
- Important paperwork like insurance, taxes, housing - money
- Boxes of memories - relationships with others
- Kitchen - relationship with family, especially mother or another maternal figure
- More clothes and beauty products makes me beautiful --> Being loving and kind makes me beautiful
- I refuse to organise, file the important paperwork because they are too complicated --> I have a new relationship with money and I have things in order and in control
- I will lose those precious moments if I throwaway my boxes of memories (cards, journals, mementos) --> The memories are kept alive and experienced meaningfully when I am with family and friends
- Throwing away expired food, under utilised kitchen apparatus, utensils etc. are sinful --> Expired food is a result of too much waste. Others may find greater value for the kitchen objects which have no value to me.
How/ when is this belief is being formed?
Is it logical?
Burning away my teenage journal, and recycling my boxes of CD was liberating. It was as if the "recycle bin" has been cleared from the brain's hard drive, and I have more mental and emotional capacity to welcome a new and better life.
All the happiness you are chasing for, it is already in you. Are you ready to let go, to be free? #lessismore #lessisnow
Elle is an authentic branding coach and psychotherapist who supports overwhelmed, successful women to awaken their dream self, relationships, career and business with courage and alignment. Follow her on FB/IG/Youtube @relatingauthenticworld